The Mining Carriage is a cargo ship that spawns when the 'Cargo Ships' option is enabled in the world options. The ship is a cargo transporter that can latch on to asteroids or even larger ships using the magnetic Landing Gear pictured on the front. It is classified as a large ship. The ship will prowl along a pre determined route at a slow speed of 25.34 meters per second. Recently, if the Engineer approaches closer than 400 meters the Mining Carriage will "REQUEST IMMEDIATE SUPPORT" resulting in the spawning of an assailant drone 3-8 km away. The assailant drone is easily dealt with, but the main threat of the mining cargo is avoid its one top turret. However, if the Engineer is slow to disable it, the Mining Carriage will summon more assailant drones to deal with the Space Engineer.
Not much is known about the carriage but it is believed to be a cargo/docking hub for other smaller ships. It can do a number of things such as:
- Serve as a mobile storage as it contains 4 Large Cargo Containers.
- A transport hub where ships could be mounted on the front Landing Gear.
- A form of a giant mining vessel where smaller ships could be clamped onto the front with a number of drills.
- 1x Gatling Turret
- Roughly 80x 25x184mm NATO ammo container (available for the turret) amount is influenced by inventory room settings.
- 1x Collector
- 1x Connector
- 4x Large Cargo Container
- 1x Small Cargo Container
- 1x Conveyor
- 4x Conveyor Tube
- The Mining Carriage has only one Gatling Turret with a limited zone of fire. If approached from beneath, the ship can be taken with ease.
- The conveyor system attaches all inventories on the ship, including its turret and reactors.
- Update 01.030 changed the layout of this ship. Mining Carriages spawned into the world prior to the update will have different features which are detailed here.